Falls are one of the most dangerous hazards workplaces face and unfortunately many also lack the appropriate fall protection and safeguards in place. Workers are at risk for falling from ledges, ladders, or platforms and this can result in serious injuries, even death. Did you know falls are the leading cause of death in construction? Injuries and fatalities are nearly 100% preventable with proper training and the right fall arrest systems.
A personal fall arrest system includes three different components: anchorage points, body support, and connectors. Figure out how to calculate fall distances in your workplace and what you will need for effective protection for your workers with this infographic.
- Stay on Top of Ladder Safety
- 10 Astonishing Facts About Arc Flash
- Top 10 OSHA Violations in 2019
- Marking Floors to Communicate Social Distancing
- Forklift Accidents: Causes and Prevention
- Preventing Heat Stress in the Workplace
- Eye Injuries in the Workplace
- Arc Flash PPE