While working in hot temperatures can be fatal, heat-related illnesses and injuries are completely preventable. This summer is shaping up to be one of the hottest of all time and employers must take adequate precautions to protect the health and safety of their workers. In addition to providing time for employees to rest, shade, and water, it’s important everyone on the work site has an understanding of the signs and symptoms of heat related illnesses: heat stroke, heat exhaustion, heat cramps, etc.
From Creative Safety Supply, this in-depth infographic explains what heat stress is, who is at risk for heat-related illnesses, and all the ways workplaces can prevent serious illness or injury.
- What is Heat Stress?– creativesafetysupply.com
- How Arc Flash Clothing Helps Prevent Injury During Electrical Incidents– arcflashhazardclothing.com
- The Importance of Safety Leadership in the Workplace– whatisengineering.org
- The Importance of Bollards in Industrial Environments– bollardpostcovers.com
- How To Ensure Electrical Equipment Is Safe To Use In The Workplace– arcflashanswers.com
- Why Is GHS so Important in the Workplace?– ghsforum.com
- The Importance of Employee Well-Being in Driving Organizational Success– leanworkplace.com
- Using Valve Tags in the Workplace– pipemarking.info
- 5S Revealed – 5S and the Visual Workplace– lean-video.com