Have you thought about the pipes in your facility lately? Or the labels on them? All the different components of pipe marking can get confusing. It is important however, for safety and efficiency to keep the pipes in your facility properly labeled. Those working on or around pipes should be able to quickly identify the contents of pipes and even the direction of flow. Having the right labels can make a significant difference for maintenance and during emergencies.
This infographic reviews ANSI/ASME pipe marking standards. Learn the proper formatting, color codes, and sizes of pipe labels. Read where to place labels and areas and start a pipe marking project in your own facility!
- 5 Steps for Pipe Label Compliance
- 6 Reasons You Should Stop Buying Labels from a Catalog
- Marking Floors to Communicate Social Distancing
- Lockout/Tagout Safety
- Stay on Top of Ladder Safety
- 10 Astonishing Facts About Arc Flash
- Poka Yoke: What’s it all about?
- The ABC’s and 123’s of Fall Protection