Forklifts are standard in most industrial workplaces but are also one of the most dangerous pieces of machinery found in a workplace. Powered industrial vehicles, or forklifts, are common in manufacturing facilities and warehouse and are used to relocate pallets, raise heavy loads, and move boxes and crates around the workplace.
Improper use of forklifts often ranks on OSHA’s top ten violations every year and results in serious injuries and in some cases, fatalities. There are many different ways one can take to ensure their safety when either operating a forklift or working near one. This infographic explains the dangers of forklifts and measures you can take to prevent accidents and keep a safe workplace.
- 15 Forklift Safety Tips [Industry Expert Advice for Safe Operation]– creativesafetysupply.com
- Forklift Safety Training 101– forkliftsafety101.com
- Floor Marking for Warehouse Traffic– floormarkingpro.com
- HazCom 101– ghsforum.com
- Floor Marking Tape Applications– floormarkingtape.org
- What are engineering controls?– whatisengineering.org
- Labeling for Workplace Safety– safetyvisuals.com
- A Guide to Parking Lot Management– bollardpostcovers.com
- Why it’s Important to Label Pipes– pipemarking.net