The 5S methodology is a framework that provides an outline for approaching organization that can truly transform a workplace. 5S is a systematic approach relying on visual management that consists of five steps: Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain. The purpose of 5S is often boiled down to just organization, but it is truly a foundational element of Lean manufacturing. When implemented correctly, 5S helps to eliminate waste in the facility and create work spaces that are easier and more efficient to work in.
Begin your Lean journey today with 5S! Learn about what exactly 5S does, how it is utilized in the workplace, and the benefits that come with a 5S program.
- 5S System– creativesafetysupply.com
- Learn What 5S is and How it Applies to Any Industry– lean-video.com
- What is 5S?– 5sexamples.com
- Building a New 5S Program– 5svideos.com
- 5S vs. 6S – What’s the Difference?– leanworkplace.com
- Should I plan for 5S?– 5sforum.com
- Leveraging 5S + Kaizen– kaizensystem.net
- Kaizen, 5S, or Lean?– kaizenforums.com
- Floor Tape for Workplace Organization– floormarkingpro.com