Falls are one of the most dangerous hazards workplaces face and unfortunately many also lack the appropriate fall protection and safeguards in place. Workers are at risk for falling from ledges, ladders, or platforms and this can result in serious injuries, even death. Did you know falls are the leading cause of death in construction? Injuries and fatalities are nearly 100% preventable with proper training and the right fall arrest systems.
A personal fall arrest system includes three different components: anchorage points, body support, and connectors. Figure out how to calculate fall distances in your workplace and what you will need for effective protection for your workers with this infographic.
- Stay on Top of Ladder Safety
- 10 Astonishing Facts About Arc Flash
- Forklift Accidents: Causes and Prevention
- Eye Injuries in the Workplace
- Lockout/Tagout Safety
- Arc Flash PPE
- GHS – What’s Next? A Timeline of GHS Compliance
- OSHA Incident Rates and Formulas– creativesafetysupply.com
- Don’t Fail with Fall Protection– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Should I go with 5S or 6S?– 5sforum.com
- Helping you Understand GHS– ghstraining.info
- What is Arc Flash PPE?– arcflashhazardclothing.com
- The Food Processing Plant & Visual Safety– safetyvisuals.com
- Four Principles Lean Management – Get Lean in 90 Seconds– lean-video.com