Forklifts are standard in most industrial workplaces but are also one of the most dangerous pieces of machinery found in a workplace. Powered industrial vehicles, or forklifts, are common in manufacturing facilities and warehouse and are used to relocate pallets, raise heavy loads, and move boxes and crates around the workplace.
Improper use of forklifts often ranks on OSHA’s top ten violations every year and results in serious injuries and in some cases, fatalities. There are many different ways one can take to ensure their safety when either operating a forklift or working near one. This infographic explains the dangers of forklifts and measures you can take to prevent accidents and keep a safe workplace.
- Stay on Top of Ladder Safety
- Eye Injuries in the Workplace
- 10 Astonishing Facts About Arc Flash
- Lockout/Tagout Safety
- The ABC’s and 123’s of Fall Protection
- GHS – What’s Next? A Timeline of GHS Compliance
- Poka Yoke: What’s it all about?
- Forklift Safety Procedures– creativesafetysupply.com
- Forklift Safety Infographic– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Floor Marking for Warehouse Traffic– floormarkingpro.com
- Best Practices for Forklift Safety– forkliftsafety101.com
- HazCom 101– ghsforum.com
- OSHA Floor Marking Standards– floor-marking-tape.com
- Floor Marking Tape Applications– floormarkingtape.org