Arc flashes occur suddenly and usually have catastrophic results. An arc flash is a dangerous discharge from an electrical circuit that can cause a traumatic force. Although these flashes only last a handful of seconds, it can lead to serious injuries and severe property damage. They can result in severe burns, ruptured ear drums, melted machines, blown out windows, and in some cases even death.
Do you know how common arc flashes are or how easily they can occur? Read through these ten startling facts about arc flash in the workplace and start putting controls and procedures in place to keep your workers safe from the dangers of arc flash.
- Arc Flash PPE
- Forklift Accidents: Causes and Prevention
- The ABC’s and 123’s of Fall Protection
- Eye Injuries in the Workplace
- Stay on Top of Ladder Safety
- 10 Tips to Keep you Awake and Safe on the Job
- Pipe Marking 101: Why is Pipe Marking Important?
- Stop the Spread of Germs