Arc flashes occur suddenly and usually have catastrophic results. An arc flash is a dangerous discharge from an electrical circuit that can cause a traumatic force. Although these flashes only last a handful of seconds, it can lead to serious injuries and severe property damage. They can result in severe burns, ruptured ear drums, melted machines, blown out windows, and in some cases even death.
Do you know how common arc flashes are or how easily they can occur? Read through these ten startling facts about arc flash in the workplace and start putting controls and procedures in place to keep your workers safe from the dangers of arc flash.
- Arc Flash [Facts, Safety Requirements & PPE]– creativesafetysupply.com
- How does an arc flash happen?– arcflashanswers.com
- What is Arc Flash PPE?– arcflashhazardclothing.com
- Visuals for the Workplace: Safety Signs & Labels– safetyvisuals.com
- What are engineering controls?– whatisengineering.org
- Best Practices for Electrical Safety Compliance in the Workplace– electricalsafetyexpert.com
- A Guide to Safety Labels– safetylabelmakers.com
- The Basics of Ammonia Pipe Marking– pipemarking.net
- Floor Markings for Safety– floormarkingpro.com